What’s the 2019 BMW X5 Towing Capacity?
The 2019 BMW X5 towing capacity is 6,600 to 7,200 pounds maximum. Beyond that, the X5 has a payload capacity of 1,290 to 1,349 pounds. Equipped with all-wheel drive and powerful engine options, the new BMW X5 is ready to perform on the Ballwin streets. Let’s take a closer look at the towing and off-road capabilities of the X5.
BMW X5 Tow Package
Purchasing a new X5 xDrive40i or X5 xDrive50i allows you to add a tow hitch for $550. With this Class III trailer hitch, the X5 can tow up to 7,200 pounds. Learn more about X5 accessories at BMW of West St Louis.
Towing cargo off the beaten path? You’ll have to invest in the Off-Road Package ($3,950) for more comfort and balance. This package will equip the X5 SUV with the following:
- Two-Axle Air Suspension: This suspension system allows the vehicle to raise and lower itself up to 1.6 inches at low speeds.
- Four Driving Modes: Select the proper mode for height, power steering, accelerator response, automatic transmission, AWD, and more. With these modes, you can easily traverse rock, gravel, snow, and sand.
- Front/Rear Underguards: Give your X5 extra protection on bumpy and/or rocky terrain with durable underguards.
- Electronically-Controlled Rear Differential Lock: Utilizing the M Sport Differential, the X5 gets improved control when cornering thanks to a rear-wheel locking effect
BMW X5 Engine Options
The 2019 BMW X5 has two trim levels: xDrive40i and xDrive50i. They each come with their own unique engines. Here are the specs:
- 3.0L Twin-Turbo Inline-6: This engine comes standard on the xDrive40i. The engine comes paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission and generates 334 hp and 330 lb-ft of torque. You’ll also get an EPA estimated 20 mpg city/26 mpg highway.
- 4.4L TwinPower Turbo V8: With an 8-speed automatic, this engine comes standard on the xDrive50i. Experience an EPA estimated 17 mpg city/22 mpg highway, as well as 456 hp and 479 lb-ft.
Test Drive the New X5 at BMW of West St Louis!
Reach out to us to learn more about the BMW towing or interior features, and how it compares to the BMW X3 or competition like the Audi Q7. We’re happy to help you schedule a test drive of the new BMW X5 so you can experience it for yourself. Our dealership is conveniently located near Des Peres, so come visit us today!
More from BMW of West St Louis
With the high-quality BMW accessories at BMW of West St Louis, your local authorized BMW center, both Ballwin and Ladue drivers can get the parts and accessories that will enhance the cabin, protect the exterior, and upgrade the tech in their BMW X5, or other BMW model. Learn more about the BMW X5 accessories available and make your way…
The 2019 BMW X3 can tow up to 4,400 pounds. That’s plenty of power for most Ladue drivers. Learn more about the towing, payload, and performance capabilities of the exciting new X3 before stopping by BMW of West St Louis to set up a test drive. Learn More BMW X3 for Sale BMW X3 Towing Features The 2019 BMW…
Have you ever found yourself wondering what BMW stands for when shopping for a new luxury car or watching a BMW drive by on Ballwin roads? Wonder no more. BMW stands for Bayerische Motoren Werke, which is German for Bavarian Motor Works. The brand name is unique in German since the term Motorenwerke is normally…