What’s the 2019 BMW X5 Towing Capacity?
The 2019 BMW X5 towing capacity is 6,600 to 7,200 pounds maximum. Beyond that, the X5 has a payload capacity of 1,290 to 1,349 pounds. Equipped with all-wheel drive and powerful engine options, the new BMW X5 is ready to perform on the Ballwin streets. Let’s take a closer look at the towing and off-road capabilities of the X5.
BMW X5 Tow Package
Purchasing a new X5 xDrive40i or X5 xDrive50i allows you to add a tow hitch for $550. With this Class III trailer hitch, the X5 can tow up to 7,200 pounds. Learn more about X5 accessories at BMW of West St Louis.
Towing cargo off the beaten path? You’ll have to invest in the Off-Road Package ($3,950) for more comfort and balance. This package will equip the X5 SUV with the following:
- Two-Axle Air Suspension: This suspension system allows the vehicle to raise and lower itself up to 1.6 inches at low speeds.
- Four Driving Modes: Select the proper mode for height, power steering, accelerator response, automatic transmission, AWD, and more. With these modes, you can easily traverse rock, gravel, snow, and sand.
- Front/Rear Underguards: Give your X5 extra protection on bumpy and/or rocky terrain with durable underguards.
- Electronically-Controlled Rear Differential Lock: Utilizing the M Sport Differential, the X5 gets improved control when cornering thanks to a rear-wheel locking effect
BMW X5 Engine Options
The 2019 BMW X5 has two trim levels: xDrive40i and xDrive50i. They each come with their own unique engines. Here are the specs:
- 3.0L Twin-Turbo Inline-6: This engine comes standard on the xDrive40i. The engine comes paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission and generates 334 hp and 330 lb-ft of torque. You’ll also get an EPA estimated 20 mpg city/26 mpg highway.
- 4.4L TwinPower Turbo V8: With an 8-speed automatic, this engine comes standard on the xDrive50i. Experience an EPA estimated 17 mpg city/22 mpg highway, as well as 456 hp and 479 lb-ft.
Test Drive the New X5 at BMW of West St Louis!
Reach out to us to learn more about the BMW towing or interior features, and how it compares to the BMW X3 or competition like the Audi Q7. We’re happy to help you schedule a test drive of the new BMW X5 so you can experience it for yourself. Our dealership is conveniently located near Des Peres, so come visit us today!
More from BMW of West St Louis
Drivers in Ballwin who want a luxury midsize SUV with the power to tow their boats or RVs to the Lake of the Ozarks are in luck: the 2020 BMW X3 towing capacity is high enough to get your gear where you want to go. The BMW X3 towing capacity is 4,400 pounds. BMW keeps…
How much does the BMW X3 cost? Starting at $41,950 MSRP, this 2020 BMW SAV® (Sport Activity Vehicle®) is an affordable luxury crossover for Ballwin drivers and beyond. At BMW of West St Louis, learn more about the BMW X3 cost at each trim level and find out what features are offered at each BMW X3 price point. Then…
If you are searching for a luxury SUV that has a good blend of power and fuel-efficiency, consider the 2020 BMW X5. With several engine options to choose from and up to 26 mpg, you can decide what combination of engine specs best fits your needs. Learn more about the 2020 BMW X5 fuel economy…