2019 BMW 3 Series vs. 2019 BMW 5 Series
The BMW lineup is made of luxury vehicles that sit near the top of many lists. This includes both the 2019 BMW 3 Series and the 2019 BMW 5 Series. Before choosing one of these sleek sedans, you’ll want to know their similarities and differences, especially in terms of pricing, performance, and interior features. We compare BMW models here to help you decide which car will work best for your needs.
BMW Sedan Price
- 2019 BMW 3 Series: The BMW 3 Series comes in two configurations: 330i and 330i xDrive. The 330i starts at $40,250 MSRP, and the 330i xDrive starts at $42,250 MSRP.
- 2019 BMW 5 Series: This BMW vehicle offers seven configurations: 530i, 530i xDrive, 540i, 540i xDrive, and M550i xDrive, as well as two hybrid models: 530e iPerformance and 530e xDrive iPerformance. Pricing is as follows:
- 530i: Starting MSRP of $53,400
- 530i xDrive: Starting MSRP of $55,700
- 540i: Starting MSRP of $58,950
- 540i xDrive: Starting MSRP of $61,250
- M550i xDrive: Starting MSRP of $74,450
- 530e iPerformance: Starting MSRP of $53,400
- 530e xDrive iPerformance: Starting MSRP of $55,700
BMW Sedan Performance
- 2019 BMW 3 Series: The standard engine in the 3 Series is a 2.0L TwinPower Turbo inline four-cylinder paired with an eight-speed sport automatic transmission that delivers 255 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque. It can go from 0-60 mph in 5.3 seconds, and it has a 15.6-gallon fuel tank.
- 2019 BMW 5 Series: The base engine in the 5 Series is also a 2.0L TwinPower Turbo inline four-cylinder paired with the eight-speed sport automatic transmission that delivers 248 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque. It can go from 0-60 mph in 6 seconds, and it has a 18-gallon fuel tank.
BMW Sedan Interior Features
- 2019 BMW 3 Series: There’s 38.7 inches of headroom, 42 inches of legroom, and 56 inches of shoulder room in the front of this base-level sedan. The seats are covered with SensaTec upholstery, and there are 14-way power front seats. The interior of this sedan also features the iDrive 6.0 system and the BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant, which allows you to easily control navigation, settings, and entertainment with voice commands.
- 2019 BMW 5 Series: Has 38.8 inches of headroom, 41.4 inches of legroom, and 58.7 inches of shoulder room. The seats in the 5 Series base trim are also covered with SensaTec upholstery and have 14-way power front seats. The 5 Series interior also features the iDrive 6.0 system, rearview camera, ambient lighting, and Intelligent Voice Control for hands-free connectivity.
Shop for the BMW 3 Series or 5 Series at BMW of West St Louis
If you prefer more headroom and shoulder room and more options, you might prefer the 2019 BMW 5 series. If you’d rather have a lower starting price but more horsepower, you’ll love the 2019 BMW 3 Series. No matter which one you choose, you can explore our inventory in Manchester and take your favorite model for a test drive. Contact us with any questions or to set up your appointment.
2018 3 Series Model Shown